Product Launch Date: 12/07/2021
“Nepal Life – Sammunnat Jeevan” Jeevan Beema Yojana is a participating with-profits endowment plan. It provides annual simple reversionary bonuses, which are vested once declared.
This product offers the following benefits:
- In the event of death due to natural causes prior to maturity of policy, two times the basic sum assured with accrued bonus will be paid to the beneficiary of the insured.
- In the event of death due to accident prior to maturity of policy, three times the basic sum assured with accrued bonus will be paid to the beneficiary of the insured.
- At maturity of policy, basic sum assured with accrued bonus will be paid to the insured.
18 years to 60 years next birthday
Maximum age at Expiry
Minimum Sum Assured: NRs. 50,000
Maximum Sum Assured: NRs. 10,000,000
Death Benefits Before Maturity (Due to Natural Causes)
2 x Sum Assured plus Accrued Bonus
Death Benefits Before Maturity (Due to Accident)
3 x Sum Assured plus Accrued Bonus
Sum Assured plus Accrued Bonus
At the date of commencement of policy
Terms and Conditions
This product is offered for an unlimited period to
- Males and Females
- Smokers and Non-smokers
- Urban and Rural population
- Standard and Impaired lives
Policy Term : 5 to 30 years, depending on maximum age at expiry
Premium Term : Same as policy term
Mode of payment : Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly or Yearly
Entry Age, Coverage Age and Commencement of Risk (Person Covered)
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
18 years old
60 years old
Maximum age at policy maturity is 65 years.
Age definition is age next birthday.
Risk commencement begins at the date of commencement of policy.
In the event of Death of the Person Covered, the Death Benefit shall be:
- Death due to Natural Causes:
- Two times Sum assured plus accrued bonus
- Death due to Accident:
- Three times Sum assured plus accrued bonus
Upon maturity, maturity benefit equal sum assured plus accrued bonuses will be payable.
Surrender value is only applicable upon completion of three policy years where three full annual premiums payments have been made.
Paid Up Value
Paid up value is only applicable upon completion of 3 full policy year and 3 full annual premiums payments.
The annual premium rates are set out in Appendix C. The premium payable will vary according to the Policyholder’s entry age, coverage term, and sum assured. The contribution will be subjected to payment mode shown as following.
Mode: Additional/ Discount
Fees and Charges
All of the fees and charges are not guaranteed and the Company reserves the rights to revise them, subject to the applicable regulation.
10% compound interest rates on outstanding premium will be charged in order for a lapsed policy to be reinstated after the grace period (30 days).
The following additional rider approved by Beema Samiti is offered to policyholders by paying respective rider premiums under this plan:
- Critical Illness Benefit:
This is a Rider benefit. If the life assured is diagnosed with specific illness defined under this plan during the policy term, lump sum amount equal to basic sum assured or maximum up to Rs. 50,00,000 will be paid to the insured. Undermentioned conditions should be followed to have Critical Illness;
Entry age: Minimum 18, Maximum: 65, Policy maturity age: 70, Coverage: Minimum Rs.50, 000, Maximum: Rs. 50, 00,000.
Nepal Life Sammunat
Risk Not Covered by Insurance
If the death of the insured is directly or indirectly due to any of the following reasons, the amount to be paid under the insurance policy is not as per the sum assured mentioned in the schedule but if there is any surrender value of the insurance policy, only that amount will be paid.
In the following cases, claims will be excluded for consideration.
- Engaging in aviation other than as a fare paying passenger on a regular route of a recognized aviation service
- Any war-like operations (whether war be declared or not), riot, civil commotion, rebellion or invasion
- Any breach of civil or military law
- Suicide, whether sane or insane, within two years after the date of commencement of assurance.
- Engaging in risky occupation without formal notification to the Company.
Except for the risks mentioned above, this policy will not restrict migration, travel, or occupation abroad.
If any dispute arises under this policy, it will be solved in accordance with the insurance Act, 2049.