Every parent spun dreams for better education marriage and successful life for their off springs. In this context, Nepal Life Insurance Company for the first time in the Insurance Industry of the country, launched a product with the sole aim of providing a tool of having risk coverage of life of child and making future provision for the education, marriage and financial support for the wards of aspiring parents. The salient features of plan are:
- Age at Entry : Just born child till age of 11 proposed by either of the parent
- Maturity Age : 19 year of child(fixed)
- Terms of Policy: 19 minus age of child at commencement of policy.
- Minimum Sum Assured: NRs. 5,000
- Maximum Sum Assured: 50,00,000.
- Premium Payment Mode: Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly and Yearly
- Premium waiver Benefit (PWB) : Available on the life of proposer(either of parent only)with extra payment.
- Monthly Income Benefit (MIB) : Available on the life of proposer(either of parent only)with extra payment.
- Sum Assured for PWB : NRs. 50,00,000
- Sum Assured for MIB: MIB Sum Assured can be taken 50% of child sum assured . (Subject to
- Age at Entry for PWB : 20 years to 50 years
- Age at Entry for MIB : 20 years to 50 years
- Surrender as per condition but no loan available.
- No accident benefit available on the life of child.
- Policy participates in profits.
Commencement of Risk :
- Risk of the child will commence either 2 years after the date of commencement or from policy anniversary falling immediately after the completion of age of 7 of child , whichever is later ,if his /her age is below 7. If the age at entry of the child is greater than 7 years , then the risk will start from the policy anniversary following completion of age 10 of the child .
- Child Risk Cover (CRC) Only:
This benefit can be taken with payment of an additional premium . If child has taken CRC benefit, risk will start after 2 years of the policy commencement.
- At the time of maturity of the policy, Basic Sum assured with Bonus will be paid to the insured.
- In case child dies after commencement of risk, Basic Sum assured with Bonus will be paid to the beneficiary of the insured.
- If child dies before commencement of risk, all the premiums paid excluding extra premiums will be refunded.
Optional Benefits (Rider Benefits):
1. Premium Waiver Benefit (PWB) Only:
This is a rider benefit which offers protection on occurrence of death or disability due to accident of the child’s proposer. It can be taken with payment of an additional premium. Total coverage amount under this benefits will be equal to basic sum assured or Maximum Rs. 50,00,000/- whichever is less. In case of death or permanent and total disability of the proposer during the policy term caused by an accident all future payable premium will be waived but last 1 instalment of premium should be paid by life assured.
2. Monthly Income Beneift (MIB) :
This is an Optional Monthly benefit rider which can be taken along with PWB benefit by paying an additional premium. If MIB benefit has taken under child plan, in case of proposer’s death during the term of the policy , remaining premium will be waived and 1% of MIB Sum Assured under child plan will be paid to the child till term of the policy .
3. Critical Illness Benefit:
This is a Rider benefit. If the life assured is diagnosed with specific illness defined under this plan during the policy term, lump sum amount equal to basic sum assured or maximum up to Rs. 50,00,000 will be paid to the insured. Undermentioned conditions should be followed to have Critical Illness ;
Entry age: Minimum 18, Maximum : 65, Policy maturity age: 70, Coverage: Minimum Rs.50, 000 ,Maximum : Rs. 50,00,000 , Policy Term : Minimum 5 Years to Maximum 20 years .